Instagram Twitter Email Bloglovin' Google Plus Youtube Pinterest Image Map

October 20, 2012

DEN Vitual Conference

Today I attended the DEN fall Virtual Conference from my home.  This conference is a free professional development event for educators to learn about the most effective ways to integrate digital media into their classroom.  There was a huge selection of awesome keynote presenters to choose from. I learned so much from the following webinars:
Ten Common Challenges We all Face by Richard Byrne
Teach Students to Ask their Own Questions by Dan Rothstein
Primary Digital Portfolios by Kathy Cassidy
Hi! I'm David and I'm an APPoholic
Here are some of the new tools that I will be exploring in my classroom.  
Web2tools from Richard Byrne:
  • Wallwisher:  students can post notes, ideas or questions they have
  • Todays Meet:  chat room that kids can share quickly their thoughts while watching a video
  • Socrative:  get instant feedback with this smart student response
  • Aurasma:  create and share virtual content
  • Make belief comix:  create comic strips
  • doodle:  easily schedule meetings
  • remind101:  safe way for teachers to text message students & parents
  • kozzi:  free images to download
FREE APPs  from David Fisher
  • digital abacus
  • substraction wiz
  • fraction calculator
  • virtual heart
  • best science facts
  • aero
  • little speller three letter word
  • bubble ball
  • k12 periodic table 
  • kids abc phonics
  • quickvoice
  • little speller sight words
  • body puzzle
  • bubble burst
  • geoplay
  • number line
  • iprompt pro
  • ibrainstorm
  • phonics genius
If you would like to connect with Discovery Educator Network, you may:






1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tanya. So glad to see you're on your way to becoming a DENstar. I'll definitely be calling on you to help grow the DEN in Canada. Thanks for the great write up. Let me know if I can ever give you a hand. Hopefully we'll connect face to face soon.

    ReplyDelete